All these websites, articles, videos are not in any particular order. They are here for you to find the ones you might find interesting or to help you with whatever home renovation(s) you are doing or going to be doing.
Renovations. (2020). Architecture Digest.
This is a very informative article you should like to read. There are great before and after pictures so you can get some ideas for just about every room in your house or apartment. When you read through this article remember you can do what they are showing even if you have a smaller budget. When I do a renovation, I set a budget before I get started. When it comes time for buying items for that room, I do some research on items I am wanting to buy. I do go to Google and find the best deal I can. Amazon is a good place to look too. I have prime on Amazon so shipping is free for me. Remember to take a look in your locale thrift stores too. eBay is another good place to find what you might want.
The Fashion Ball, By Thalia Shepherd
The Fashion Ball is dedicated to giving you your daily dose of fashion trends, news, and inspiration for all occasions. This is a great site to help you with simple things you can do to do quick renovations on your home. From stair runners to renovating your bathroom… Sometimes it can be the little things that make a big impact. If you are a very tight budget then this site is the one for you. I know I am taking some pointers from this one myself. Let the renovations continue!! 😊
Oh, my word!! You are going to LOVE THIS SITE!! I laughed so much tears came to my eyes. The times we are all going though I thought it would be fun to add this site so we all can have some great laughs. Just read each caption and them take to look at the pictures for each. Let me know how you like them.
With these articles, you are going to get some advice from some of the pros from TV shows. Tips for renovation mistakes, pros, and cons for buying a fixer-upper and so much more. These articles are a wealth of information.
If you are not wanting to do any home renovations yourself then this is a website that is a service that matches homeowners and contractors for projects. It might be worth taking a look at.
King,P (August 15,
2019) Big
Global Travel. 25+ Questionable Photos Taken by Real Estate Agents on The Job.
Oh,
my word!! You are going to LOVE THIS SITE!! I laughed so many tears came to my eyes.
The times we are all going through I thought it would be fun to add this site so
we all can have some great laughs. Just read each caption and them take to look
at the pictures for each. Let me know how you like them.
Pam, (2020) Retro Renovation or
Retro Renovation Bbathrooms
Wow, this is a great blog if you are looking
for Retro anything as you do your home renovations! This is a site that has
about everything you need to know about all things (yes, even a toilet) RETRO.
I really enjoyed going through all the items they have and the amazing
pictures. This blog helps me to know what a great blog looks like. This is a
good one to add to my research so people can see you don’t have to have an all
modern home. As the old saying goes “if you have the money you can have what
you want”. There are great photos of before and after so you can really see the
differences. I like that. Pam really knows the stuff when it comes to all retro.
There are many tabs that you can click on to find the just-right item or
project you are looking for.
Passy, J. (2020, July 25). Retrieved November 25, 2020, Which DIY home renovation projects could add the most value to your house - and which ones to avoid
In this article, you will find some
great information you might need so you don’t get in over your head and then
have to call a contractor to fix what you have done and to finish the work which
will cost you more in the long run. Make sure you know your limitations. In
other words, what you are capable of doing and not capable of doing. You will learn
what home renovations’ will bring the most value to your home. I like this site
because it gives so much more information than anyone going to do their own renovations.
Just by painting your front door black, in
particular, could add as much as $6,000 to your home’s sale price. Now
that is great info if you ask me!
Purcella, Guy @ That Kilted Guy DIY Home Improvement
Purcella (2013) Here at That Kilted Guy Videos, it’s my goal to TEACH you how to Tackle your own Home Improvement and Drywall Repair projects to save you money, and give you the satisfaction of doing it yourself, and Doing it Right. I don’t just show you how, I TEACH you how. We have many videos on Drywall Repair, Skim coating, Ceiling Textures, Finishing Drywall. Etc. He shows you different ways to use the stud finders. Guy knows what he is talking about and I trust him. I like Guy because he talks to you as if you were standing right there with him in a very patient way. It’s like he understands you might not get it right off and then explains it again in a little different way. I would recommend anyone that is going to do a renovation yourself or hire a contractor should watch his videos on the part of the renovation you are going to be doing.
Reggev, Kate (2018) dwall Magazine Sept. 17,2018
9 Critical tops to Read Before Kicking Off a Home Renovations (2018)
Reggev (2018) These home renovation tips will help you avoid any
unnecessary problems, costs, and headaches that can sometimes come along with a
remodel. I found this article helpful too for the information in preparing for
our home renovations we are doing. It is always helpful to get more than one person(s) opinion on doing this kind of work, or for that matter, at anything
you are going to do. Having a realistic budget, it very important indeed! If
you are like me (and most of us) you have watched the home reno shows on TV.
They can and most of the time are misleading to us. Thinking we can do a home
renovation at a lower cost than what it really would be. So, my advice is to
make a budget you can afford and stick to it. Another great thing I that this
article helped me to think of is “TIME”, how much time will this REALLY take??
If you think you can do your renovation on (let’s say) your bathroom in two
months then see it is taking so much longer because (remember you are doing
this yourself) things are not going as planned or you might get sick or, well,
anything could happen. You need to be prepared for whatever comes along.
This is a very informative article you should like
to read. There are great before and after pictures
so you can get some ideas for just about every
room in your house or apartment. When you read
through this article remember you can do what
they are showing even if you have a smaller
budget.
35 Tricks to Make House
Décor Look Expensive. (7/30/20) The Fashion Ball. By Thalia Shepheard. (2020)
The Fashion Ball is dedicated to giving you your daily dose of fashion trends, news, and inspiration for all occasions. This is a great site to help you with simple things you can do to do quick renovations on your home. From stair runners to renovating your bathroom… Sometimes it can be the little things that make a big impact. If you are a very tight budget then this site is the one for you. I know I am taking some pointers from this one myself. Let the renovations continue!! 😊
This is very educational and informative on the
subject of home renovations. The text in this article is well written and
helpful in many ways. Not only in doing a renovation yourself but if you
decide on hiring a contractor and how to save money at the same time. I will be
coming back to this article throughout the renovation possess. Opinions
expressed by Entrepreneur (2017) The key to renovating or redecorating your house beautifully yet
inexpensively is to devise a goal for yourself, and paint an entire picture of
what you want and then step by step renovate each part of your house like
mentioned above. Another great thing in this article is they have many
clickable links to even more ways to save, paint, decorate, and about buying at
thrift stores and more.
Sweeten,
(2020) The
Best General Contractors, Matched to You https://sweeten.com/
If you are looking to hire a contractor for your home renovation then this blog, I think could be helpful to you. There is a tab called How It Works. Put your cursor on it and a drop-down box shows, then click on Home Renovations. Here on this page, they will help you find the just-right contractor for you. You do have to sign up to use their services. They have a good blog where you can ask questions and get tips. Even if you are not going to be hiring a contractor this is still a good site to get you inspired.
When I first did my research on Grandma’s House
DYI, I really thought this was an older woman but man was I wrong! As I have
dug deeper into this blog, I found out that Tarah was born in February 1986, yes,
she is only 34 years old. I think she was smart to name here blog Grandma’s
Home DYI. I was so happy when I read the name, I wanted to know more about her,
thinking she is more my age. Boy was I wrong but I still enjoy reading and
seeing the home renovations she has done and still doing. Her story is
interesting too. Tarah writes is the same tone I do. I really like this about
her. She makes one feel comfortable and wanting to know more of what she is
about and doing. She does have many great pictures posted that helps to
personalize her blog.
Jeff Thorman @ Home RenoVision DIY Joined YouTube Mar 29, 2016 Bathroom Renovation Secrets to Success (Without Breaking the Bank!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qc0IE3cTw&t=110s
Jeff offers honest advice on about everything you can renovate in your home and around the outside of your home. Because we are starting our renovations with our bathroom first Jeffs video on renovating bathrooms is very helpful to us at this time. This channel offers a disclosure also, this is very important to me and to read and follow as well. He tells you like it really is. Helps one to save money too and that is very important. Jeff has many videos that will help us as we move from room to room in our renovations in our home. When anyone makes a comment about something they don’t know how to do and Jeff has not made a video about it he will make one on the subject that has been asked of him. Jeff takes a humorous approach to home renovations. I can relate to him and understand the points he has to make. In his channel on YouTube he has over 1,320,00 million subscribers. He is always there for his followers. Jeff has been a general contractor for over 25 years and has been flipping home with his family from the age of 10. To me, this means he knows what he is doing and doing it correctly.
Thorman, Jeff. (May 23, 2020) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQIMaR7hWtM
Jeff Thorman, one of the
best guys in the renovation and construction business. I trust and rely on him
with all my bathroom renovation I am doing and with all the other renovations I
will be doing on our home. I have gone through other videos about renovations
but like Jeff the best. We are doing the sheetrock now and he has been so much
help to me. I have done sheetrock before and was not that good at it. By
learning from Jeff, I am doing a much better job.
Comments
Post a Comment